We spent 40 days and 40 nights on the road this summer going as far west as Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado and as far to the East as Boston. The highlight of the trip was definitely camping for 2 full weeks in Colorado and New Mexico. It was another summer to remember. The kids went to their 30th state as we crossed into New Mexico.
Visiting Cecilia in Lexington, Kentucky
Our own gateway to the west, the St. Louis Arch
On one of the most beautiful hikes I have ever done, the trail up to Emerald Lake. It was 4 miles round-trip and Isabella did every step of it. It had a 600 ft. elevation gain that went past 3 lakes along the way, Nymph Lake, Dream Lake, and Emerald Lake.
We made it to Emerald Lake, over 10,000 ft.
Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
The summit of Pikes Peak, the windchill was in the 20s.
Riding horses at Garden of the Gods. By far the highlight of the kids' trip. Isabella's horse was named Taz.
Beck's horse was named Tejas!
Our camping spot on the west side of Pikes Peak. This was hands-down the best campsite we have ever had and it was free! We spent a whole day there so the kids could just play.
Hot Springs in downtown Ouray, Colorado. 98 degrees in the springs + 60 degrees outside + a cloud-free, starry night = perfection.
Telluride, Colorado! I love this place!
Cliff Palace at Mesa Verde National Park, in Southwestern Colorado. One of the most interesting things we did on the trip.
Isabella at one of her favorite artist's museum. Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Sante Fe, New Mexico.
Taos Pueblo, New Mexico. I liked the town of Taos, but I've got to say I was less than impressed by Taos Pueblo. I got some great pictures though.
Napier/Prescott Family Time at Gulf Shores, Alabama
Visiting GG in Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Swimming in the Frog Pond in Boston
On the Freedom Trail in Boston
Visiting Alli, Arpit and Jude in Baltimore



















No comments:
Post a Comment